Monday, June 8, 2009

Be a Tree

Don't really have any coherent thoughts about this yet, but wanted to share some of the cool references I'm finding. I've always gravitated towards verses about trees, because I really appreciate trees (and the whole worship symbolism that I wrote about before), and so I'm loving this particular study.

Ezekiel 47:12, "And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing."

http://www.vbvbc.org/bible-verse/ezekiel47-12

I especially like the statement, "Spirit-filled and spirit-led Christians are the trees planted by the river whose fruit is for sustenance and leaves are for healing."

I love the idea that my life has the potential, through the Holy Spirit, to nourish and sustain the weary (Isaiah 50:4) and that, like leaves, I can provide a shelter and refuge for people to share their burdens, to get things off their chest, to provide healing through the Word of God, speaking Truth to their needs.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm assuming I'm not the only one, but I underestimate what my life can offer others when I'm surrendered to the Lord, available for Him to use me and saturated in His Word. If I could just soak in His Presence and His Word more, how much more sweeter and effective my life would be when it's wrung out for other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment