Friday, July 29, 2011

An Invitation To Fall Apart

I ran across this video tonight in the search to find a new worship CD, and this was yet another confirmation of God's faithfulness to meet me where I am. It's been a rough season the past 6-8 weeks, with a lot going on and honestly just not having the time (or taking the time) to sort through all of it mentally or emotionally. Needless to say, I've been kind of a wreck (and God has extended grace to and through my husband to help me in the midst of it)!

Tonight, I felt as though this was an invitation for me to fall apart.
To let go and trust that God is big enough to handle my brokenness.
To cease striving to hold myself together.
To be reminded that He is with me in the midst of my brokenness, and that that is when I'm the most sensitive to His voice.

I guess when I stop telling myself that I'm fine, that I can pull myself together and quiet my inner pep talks, it's then that I can hear Him speaking to me, reminding me that I need Him.


When I let go of my perfectionism, I can exchange my poor attempts for His strength.


"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9


The video really spoke to me and I'm praying that this season can be redeemed and changed into a season of intimate revival in my relationship with Jesus. What Satan has meant for harm, God has always transformed for His purposes because I belong to Him. I do pray for the courage to hold on to Him when my life seems to be falling apart and to trust His heart when I don't understand His ways.


I encourage you to take a minute to listen to the song first, and then watch the video of the story behind it. I couldn't find it to add to my playlist, or I would have put that on the top of my list. I'm sure I'll be listening to it a lot over the next few weeks.


Fall Apart by Josh Wilson


The Story Behind Fall Apart

No comments:

Post a Comment