Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Let Nothing Move Me

The Lord had been leading to come home, to be with my babies, for a while. Some days it seemed like He was taking His own sweet time on it, if I can be completely honest, and others I was grateful for any 'delays' in the process because I was very intimidated at this new prospect.

Some days I still am.

But there were always little things - faithful words of encouragement, little ways the Lord would move this circumstance or provide a new opportunity - that peppered my way with reassurances that He was still moving, still working, still making a way. 

Truthfully, He has always done this, but sometimes it takes it being in the area of one of my greatest desires for me to really recognize, really see.

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21

It was one day, in a very unexpected context, that the Lord spoke to me through 1 Corinthians 15:58,

"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

There were lots of subtle intricacies about this verse that struck me in the moment, hitting on my insecurities, my doubts, my impatience, etc. But I knew in that moment that this was going to have to be a signpost for me, something that I needed to keep right in front of me, a daily reminder.

Let nothing move me.

If God has given you a dream, something you know that is not of yourself and probably involved Him even changing your heart at one point to even want the thing, then cling to it. Keep it in front of you. Don't let anything move you from what He is leading you to.

Not your fears. Not your selfishness. Not your timeline or agendas.

(cue death to self)

And give yourself fully to it. Sell the farm to buy the field. Matthew 13:44-45

Do what is your part, and then trust God to do His. He is faithful to complete what He has started.

"The One who calls you is faithful, and he will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24

I was reminded this morning of this verse, of the morning the Lord impressed it upon my heart and told me to EMBRACE the calling to be at home with my babies all.the.time.

There was something powerful about that moment (maybe you've experienced this before). Despite myself (my intimations, hesitations, unanswered questions, etc.), I felt emboldened for the task. Empowered. Ready. Pretty darn significant for those that were walking this journey with me.

The truth that God is a Present God is powerful. I can give myself fully to what He calls me to because He will be there, equipping and filling  and extending His grace over and over again. It's not up to me. He produces the fruit. He brings the growth. I just have to submit and allow Him to do it in me.




Lord, thank You that You are a
God that has made a way for me eternally and makes a way for me daily. Your grace is sufficient for everything I will face today. Help me to embrace this truth and walk with You in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment