Thursday, September 17, 2009

Inside Out - Part 1

I'm re-reading "Inside Out" by Dr. Larry Crabb, which I HIGHLY recommend! I read it in college, and believe that God used it as an instrument to open my eyes to not only more of myself, my tendencies, and why I was the way I was/am, but also my absolute love for psychology and being able to help identify these truths to help people recover, heal, and live as God intended them to live.

I don't have much time at the moment to go in-depth, but wanted to share a few quotes that I've come across so far that I feel are pretty powerful.

I do give fair warning that once you've read this book, there is no going back. It's a pandora's box of sorts, opening your eyes to things that sometimes are a lot easier not knowing - ignorance is bliss, as some may say - but in this case, ignorance is what keeps us from truly stepping into the Life that Christ offers. To know Him is to love Him, and to love Him is to be obedient...and how can we know, love, or obey without first hearing? without first being introduced to Truth?

Anyways - more to come -

"When we succeed at arranging our life so that 'all is well,' we keep ourselves from facing all that's going on inside. We rearrange rather than change, and in doing so, we never become the transformed person God calls us to be. We never experience freedom from destructive patterns of living."

"Biblical change never requires us to pretend that things are better than they are. Christ wants us to face reality as it is, including all our fears, hurts, resentments, and self-protective motives we work hard to keep out of sight, and to emerge as changed people. Not pretenders. Not perfect. But more able to deeply love because we're more aware of His love."


Much love,
jh

No comments:

Post a Comment