Thursday, April 14, 2011

Faith Decay (Persevere - Part 2)

I read a blog post recently that gave words to a thought I've had for a while now -

the thought that when we 'know' God's Word, His Truth - and by know, I mean intellectually - but we don't ever put it into practice - we don't experience the truth of it - that we open ourselves up to doubt.

Doubt -faith decay

We allow room for our broken, fallen nature & the enemy to come in and question whether or not what we know to be real is really real.

Does it really mean something?

Does it really transform lives?

Because it's not transforming me...it's not changing my life. It's not making others thirsty around me for what I have.

I think this happens a lot when we don't persevere in what God has put before us. We don't experience the power and the blessing and the Presence of God like we would if we were obedient to put our hands to the tasks He sets before us.

Now, please don't misunderstand me. I'm a grace girl. It's by grace that I have been saved, through faith, not of anything that I have done, but by a gift from God Almighty, not by works - so I can never boast that I have done it. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

I absolutely believe that God has made a way for me to be reunited with Him & my life is to be lived in response to that, as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1-2).

What I'm referring to today is the truth of Ephesians 2:10, "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

We were created to do good things - things that allow us to experience God's Truth, His Power, His Presence, all around us.

"Things" that show others that don't know God around us that He is real. That He is love.

And I think that sometimes we, I, forfeit those experiences - those faith-building, God-confirming experienced when I don't follow through on the "good works" that He has set before me to do.

And maybe worst yet - others don't experience Him in ways that they could if I were.

Can you relate?

But there is Hope! Today is a new day! A new day to experience God's Truth by persevering in what He has put before me to do!

"My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me. But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in Him." - Lamentations 3:20-24

No comments:

Post a Comment