Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weakness

I've been reminded lately of the unique opportunity we have in those moments when we're experiencing

weakness

to turn our gaze on Jesus.

To turn the focus of our heart and mind to Him, to be reminded that it's in those moments that we can be the

strongest

we've ever been, because His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

It's the truth. We can bet our life on it & build our life out of it.

When my knees are knocking, what better time to bow them and allow Jesus to fortify my foundation.

Take that, Satan! Just when you think you've got me...when I'm anxious and trembling and looking to the left or the right, I can be reminded that it's in those moments that I can experience the truth of God's Word in my life, practically and applicably.

So - how do you turn your gaze, when you're tempted to be looking around - at others' reactions of you, at yourself & your own failures?

Prayer. Even a one-word prayer.

"Jesus."

It sets our minds on the One that can set us back on our feet. Reminds our hearts that we have a Father in Heaven the loves us, and a Savior that daily pleads our case. Replaces the whispers of doubt with bold assurance that we're not abandoned, left helpless to do things on our own.

Weakness can be redefined in God's Kingdom. And so can we!

Kari Jobe "You Are For Me" from Nathan Corrona on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment